- High quality resource material
- Sessions by Dr, Ramanjaneyulu with long experience in organic farming and marketing
- Farmer Producer Organisations
- Business establishments
The concerns over food being main source of illnesses has created new market for health foods. Food is only as healthy and safe as it is grown and processed. Hence, demand for organic food has grown all over the world. However, due to issues of wrong claims being made, mixing up different qualities of food the organic market faced with issues of trust and traceability. In this context, many countries have opted for ‘Organic certification’ as a means of establishing the trust and traceability.
India has two kinds of Organic Certification Systems, a. India Organic Certification and b. Participatory Guarantee System India (PGS India) and both are based on the NPOP standards. Government of India has made it mandatory to have any of the certification to claim and sell any commodity as organic produce.
Similarly, every country has their own organic certification systems and standards. Recently, US and Europe have modified their certification systems too due to substandard produce and wrong claims being flooded in the market.
In this two day live course you will learn about organic certification systems, process to be followed for domestic sales and exports and opportunities and challenges in marketing.
In addition to six hours of live sessions, four hours of self learning modules would be made available along with downloadable resource material.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 hours over two days
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 77
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Need for organic certification, different kinds of certifications and process of certification etc
Organic Food Marketing
Organic food marketing, growing opportunities, regulations etc
- Local vs Domestic vs Global Markets
- Organic food marketing emerging opportunities
- International markets-opportunities and challenges
- Regulations in international organic markets
- Phyto Sanitary Certification
- Domestic markets-opportunities and challenges
- Farmer Producer Organisations into organic food production and marketing
- Sahaja Aharam Case Study
- Regulations and support in domestic organic markets
- Finding genuine suppliers and buyers