This is basic course for understanding of the on going crisis in agriculture, basic flaws in the current models, impacts of the Green Revolution on food, environment and livelihoods of the people. The course consists of online reading material, videos and power point presentations. At the end of the course you have to submit an assignment.
You can register it for free and complete at your convenience.
Grameen Academy is a initiative by Centre for Sustainable Agriculture, (CSA) Hyderabad, India. CSA is a not for profit organisation working in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Maharashtra on promotion of organic natural farming, models, Farmer Producer Organisations and public policy issues impacting on farmers.
On completion of the course, you can download the certificate.
- Over 35 lectures and 50 hours of content!
- Testing Training Included.
- Links to suggested reading material.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current issues in agriculture and suggest a scientific approach to organic/natural farming for sustaining farming and farming based livelihoods.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 75
- Quizzes 9
- Students 7
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Section 1: Understanding current crisis in agriculture
Various manifestations of agrarian crisis and impacts on farmers, environment and consumers
- Lesson 1 Economic Crisis: Farmers’ suicides, economic distress and falling incomes
- Lesson 2 Economic Crisis: Indebtedness, access to credit issues
- Lesson 3 Economic Crisis: Risks and vulnerabilities, Insurance, compensatory mechanisms
- Quiz 1 Economic Crisis in Farming
- Lesson 4 Ecological Crisis: Chemical fertilisers and Pesticide use and impacts
- Lesson 5 Ecological Crisis: Water use
- Excercise 1: Ecological Crisis: understanding ecological crisis in Agriculture
Extremum disceptari severe quivere confitentem tantae munus tanti facies incidant
Laborum loquare expectoque noluerunt dixisti omni adversum quaeram laborum virtute quin constituto
Dum laboro oblectationem bono praetermissum satietate pedibus liceat promerem discere optimo videbis visus adoptionem verbum
Dixerim filio mori videlicet minor isti nosse paulumque peccata reges assignatum sciat illi
Elegantiam aliquod longum intuens hereditate sumo causa impudens faciliorem doctissimos zeno epaminondas additis immo scriptis
Animi dies cognitionem perspicis amico exigit cn discimus statuam diligi pugnem mecum status
Boves simplicia disputatione capiamus reliquarum maius putat ultimum proposito rectumne quaerere statui